1. About the Position
You will join the YoungShip International IMO Working Group which is focussed on obtaining
consultative status in the IMO.
The International Maritime Organization (IMO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is
responsible for measures to improve the safety and security of international shipping and prevent
marine pollution from ships. The IMO sets standards for the safety and security of international
2. Important Information Before You Apply
Up to 5 (five) people will be selected to the below positions for a minimum of 12 months.
This is an unpaid volunteering and work experience position requiring a commitment of at least 1 hour
In addition, you will need to adjust your schedule to fit into a regular once in two weeks meetings. In
general, the meetings are set for Tuesdays at 17:30 Oslo Time.
3. Available Positions and Duties
Up to 5 (five) people will be selected to the positions below:
i. Technical Committee (3 people)
1. Green Shipping Working Group
2. Maritime Autonomous Surface Ships Working Group
3. Youth Development Working Group.
ii. Lobby Committee (1 person)
iii. Social Media Coordinator (1 person)
i. Technical Committee
Green Shipping Working Group is responsible for topics related to green shipping.
Maritime Autonomous Surface Ships Working Group is responsible for topics related to MASS.
Youth Development Working Group is responsible for creating projects to raise awareness among
the young professionals.
• The Committee consist of at least 3 people in total, with at least 1 person in each study group.
• Committee members will be responsible to list all the events (online and in person) related to
green shipping, MASS and other relevant topics and participate all the online events.
• Coordinate with the Project Manager and Deputy Project Manager during the IMO Application in
• Each member will write at least 2 policy papers.
• Each member will at least organise 2 events during 2022-2023. It should be noted that, importance
of the Youth and the missing element of Young Professional’s’ in IMO should always be underlined.
ii. Lobby Committee
• Committee’s main responsibility is to attend the IMO Meetings and do the lobbying during the
events (online, and/or in-person).
• The aim of the Committee to have a lobby network & buy-in in place YoungShip visibility.
• The Committee, starting from its establishment, acts together with the Chapter and Committee
• The Committee agrees the responsibility to reach as many IMO Representatives as possible and
set a meeting.
iii. Social Media Coordinator
• Social Media Coordinator is responsible to post all the IMO activities in YoungShip social media
and act together with Chapter Coordinator to ensure that all the other branches reposting it.
• Inform regularly YoungShip International General Secretary (YSI GS).
• Set up an IMO communication plan.
• Keep up to date the website of YoungShip International together with YSI GS.
• Ensure IMO application visibility.
4. Application Process
Stage 1: The call for applications from 21 October to 4 November (GMT+2). Applications submitted
after the deadline will not be accepted.
Stage 2: Applicants are asked to indicate which role they are applying, to provide their CV and onepage short motivation letter, addressing how the applicant will contribute the available position and
why he/she thinks to be the perfect candidate.
The applications should be sent by email to both following addresses:
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated and we will notify all applicant by November 11, 2022.
Throughout the whole process, if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact the following: firstname.lastname@example.org
Best of luck,